Here at Camera Bits we are growing, and looking to add to our Marketing Team at our St. Johns branch. Our company is well-established but small, our employees accomplished, devoted, and from a variety of backgrounds. Together we develop software used globally by professional photographers for 20 years. We believe that everyone has good ideas and want to hear them. Most of all, we want a happy, satisfied team. Our company culture focuses on work/life balance and growth both professionally and personally.
Our Marketing team has matured the department a great deal over the past three years, preemptively prepping for company growth. They are a cohesive department in that all ideas flow between them – from strategic to daily routine. They are comfortable communicating and building relationships, both internally and within our market, which is key to the team’s success. They support each other and promote personal growth through further education, mentoring, and mindfulness.
As a Marketing Associate, you will:
Who are you?
- Work as part of the Marketing team to help develop and implement strategies
- Create and post engaging content for our audience on social media to increase our reach and promote audience interaction
- Write creative and engaging content that coincides with the Content Calendar and marketing strategy, adapted to our specific user base (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Interact with and listen to our audience on social channels
- Measure and report performance across social channels to the rest of the Marketing Team
- Provide light customer support via social media channels
- Stay updated and report on quickly-changing social media platforms and trends
- Write and distribute blogs (using SEO tactics) and newsletters
- Have strong communication skills, both online and offline
- Are comfortable wearing multiple hats and multitasking
- Are eager to learn and share new things
- Are comfortable interacting daily with people online, and enjoy learning what they like/ dislike
- Enjoy keeping up with quickly-evolving social media platforms, and seeking out new ways to connect with audiences on those platforms
- Like working within a team, but can also take initiative and be independent on projects
- Enjoy generating new and creative content ideas
Bonus points if you…
- Are a photographer or are interested in photography
- Have previous experience with analytics tools of social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc..)
- Have experience with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel
- Already use Photo Mechanic and/or other post-production software
Compensation and Hours:
- 20 hours a week at $18/hr
- Flexible schedule based on your needs within Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
- Possibility to move to a full-time position within a year
At Camera Bits, we are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. As a tech company with female leadership, we understand the gaps in the industry and strive to reduce them.
To apply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Marketing Associate Position” and answer the following questions in the body of the email:
- What is your favorite brand you follow and engage with on social media, and why?
- Is there a photographer that follow or find interesting, and if so, why?
- Bonus: We have a 30-day demo, so try out the software and tell us what you think!
The Camera Bits St. Johns Team